NWU launches US ‘Rights for Creators’ website
The National Writers Union has launched a "Rights for Creators" website specifically targeting AOL Time Warner and its rights-grabbing work-for-hire contracts for freelance journalists. The site includes, among other features:
- Statements by journalists, book authors, and graphic designers opposing all rights and work-for-hire contracts.
- Thirteen reasons not to sign rights-grabbing contracts.
- A cartoon video explaining the value of copyright and how rights grabbing contracts harm creators.
- A "Rights for Creators" Endorsement Form to build the campaign for fair contracts at Time Inc.
- Sign up for Rights for Creators Action Alerts.
You can check out the new site by going to