NUJ freelance reps’ course
ON Saturday 28 January the NUJ's Training Department is organising a course for freelance branch officers and representatives, as part of the union's programme of trade union education. It covers key areas associated with organising and representing freelance members:
- Understanding the rôle of the freelance rep
- Awareness of available facilities and support
- The law and representing members
- Negotiating skills
- Developing a strategic approach to preparing and negotiating freelance agreements
- Organising freelance members
Who should attend? All new freelance reps, plus other union members or reps who have had no formal training and would enjoy the opportunity to refresh and update their knowledge and skills.
Qualifications: The only qualification is a desire to become a more effective union rep.
Expected learning outcomes:
- Knowledge of which facilities are available to freelance reps from employers, the NUJ and the law
- Best practice in representing freelance members
- To develop and practice key skills for negotiating collective agreements
- To increase students' confidence in their rôle as a freelance rep
To book, and for details of other courses, visit www.nujtraining.org.uk
There is a Getting Started as a Freelance one-day course on Friday 10 February and the next Pitch and Deal day is on Friday 24 February.