Free courses in Manchester & Brum - time management & social media
Through the Federation of Entertainment Unions, NUJ members can attend free courses on time management and the use of social media - in Manchester on 20 October and Birmingham on 21 October, both from 10am to 4pm. The deadline for registration is 5 October.
The programme for each is:
- 10.30am: Introduction and welcome: meet the team and find out more about the information, advice and guidance available to freelance members.
- 10.45am - 1.00pm: Time management: the eternal challenge for anyone working freelance! This session will provide advice and techniques to help you maximize your time and take control. Learn to budget your time, organize tasks, set priorities and manage "time bandits".
Tutor: Stuart Worthington
- 1pm - 1.45pm: lunch
- 1.45pm - 4pm: Getting deeper into social networks (e.g., Twitter and Facebook): this session will help you identify your aims and blind spots as well as provide ideas on how to use social media tools.
NOTE: If you wish to attend this session, you will need to sign up to a Facebook page before the workshop and take part in a discussion. You must do the required pre-course activities before you attend the session. Details will be sent to successful applicants one week before the workshop.
Tutor: Nathalie McDermott
To book a place on either one-day workshop, email email@example.com by 5 October providing all the following information:
- Your name
- Which course you want to attend
- Which union you are a member of
- Your union membership number
- Your email and phone contacts
The course administrators will let you know whether you have a place on the workshop a day or two after the 5 Octover deadline. They are expecting a high response, so apply now.